- Current Events
- Imperfect Nostalgia: Homesickness for Places You've Never Been: Paintings inspired by original photographs.
This all-new series of paintings is inspired by photographs Hilary has taken of abandoned houses, haunting landscapes, and odd still-lifes. The work is designed to fill you with a strange sense of deja-vu and longing. “Imperfect Nostalgia” will run from May 1st through June 30th at the Cup & Top Café in Florence, MA. There will be an opening night reception on Thursday, May 1st from 5–8 PM.
- On Monday – Tuesday, May 19& 20, from 6–8 PM, Hilary will be teaching her Etsy 101 and Social Media Marketing for Artists classes (respectively). The classes will be held at ArtAlways in the Arts + Industry building in downtown Florence, MA. For more information or to register, please email email@example.com or call 413.584.3050.
- Past Exhibitions & Events
- For the months of February & March 2014, Hilary had a small selection of work on display at the Starbucks in Hanover, MA.
- In January & February 2013, Hilary taught a trio of workshops through the St. Lawrence Country Arts Council entitled "Marketing and Selling Your Art: A series of classes for artists looking to increase their sales and web presence." The courses consisted of "Etsy 101: What it is, why you should be on it, and how to use it," "Social Media Marketing for Artists," and "Through the Gallery Walls: Looking at alternative ways to sell your art." The classes were held in the Downtown Snell Hall Crafts Studio at Clarkson University in Potsdam, NY.
- During the months of October and December 2012, Hilary had a number of her paintings on display at the First Crush Bistro and Wine Bar, 32 Market Street, Potsdam, NY.
- From June 4–June 30, Hilary had a selection of brand-new
cityscapes, houses, drawings, and sock critters on display at Doghouse
Espresso in Delta, CO.
- On Friday & Saturday, July 6 & 7, Elsewhere Studios threw open their doors so the public could meet Hilary and check out her finished pieces, works-in-progress, and studio space. Some artwork and sock critters were on sale. That was the weekend of Paonia’s famed Cherry Days Festival, so the town was be packed with people enjoying live music, great food, and terrific art!
- On July 10, 11 & 12, Hilary ran “Marketing and Selling Your Art: A series of classes for artists looking to increase their sales and web presence” workshops.”
- ETSY 101: What it is, why you should be on it, and how to use it · Tuesday, July 10, 6:30–8:30 PM
This class covered all the ins and outs of Etsy: how to go about setting up your own fantastic (and successful!) shop, making a treasury, photographing your work, shipping your wares, coming up faster on searches and MUCH more! Suitable for both Etsy novices and those with a bit more experience.
- SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING FOR ARTISTS:
No, it’s not scary. Yes, you need to do it. Wednesday, July 11, 6:30–8:30 PM
Being an artist is tiring enough; how can you possibly find time to market your work? In this class, we’ll go over the importance of having a strong web presence, including having your own website and blog, and using Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr to get your name out there and increase your visibility. Social media marketing can be exhausting and overwhelming, but we’ll go over ways to make it manageable, leaving you plenty of time to make art!
- THINKING OUTSIDE THE GALLERY WALLS: Looking at alternative ways to sell your art. Thursday, July 12, 6:30–8:30 PM
Gallery shows can give you visibility and possible connections in the art world, but they can also take a large percentage of what you sell. In this class, we explored some of the many other options available to artists wishing to display and sell their work, including cafes, craft fairs, local businesses, and even turning your own home into a gallery!
Courses were $20 each (or all three for $50) and each one comes with handouts filled with tons of additional information. All courses were held at the Blue Sage Center for the Arts, 226-228 Grand Avenue, Paonia, CO.
- Throughout summer 2012, Hilary had a selection of cityscapes, pin-up art and framed prints on display at Biba Salonand Boutique in Beverly, MA.
- You could see a selection of Hilary’s smaller work at the Atomic Cafe in Marblehead, MA.
- From January 18 – March 14, 2012, Hilary had a selection of her work on display at the law office of Julie Low at 234 Cabot Street in Beverly, MA.
- Hilary teamed up with her craft-tastic friend Karissa again for the Holiday Craft Market in Beverly on Saturday, November 12th.
- Solo Exhibition, Starbucks Coffee, Marblehead, MA, October 23–November 22, 2011
- apARTment Art Bonanza! Saturday & Sunday, 10am–5pm, June 18 & 19, 2011 (coinciding with Beverly’s Art Walk Weekend!)
- Over 15 artist and craftspeople exhibited their paintings, jewelry, photography, quilted scarves and more! Hilary sold sock critters, cityscapes, houses and a few tiny portraits of animals in hats. Click here for our write-up in North Shore Art Throb magazine.
- Marblehead Art Walk, Marblehead, MA, May 14–15, 2011
- Somerville’s Arts & Main Fall Festival Artisan Fair, Somerville, MA, October 3, 2010
- Marblehead Fall Festival Artisan’s Fair, Marblehead, MA, September 25, 2010
- Marblehead Art Walk, Marblehead, MA, May 1–2, 2010
- Give Art, Albright Art Gallery, Concord, MA, November 16-December 23, 2009
- Solo Exhibition, Gulu-Gulu Cafe, Salem, MA, August 17-September 25, 2009
- Solo Exhibition, Foodies’ Feast, Marblehead, MA, December 10, 2007 - February 14, 2008
- Staff Art Show, Guild Art Supply, Northampton, MA, March 2007
- Solo Exhibition, Gulu-Gulu Cafe, Lynn, MA, May 8–August 31, 2006.
- Group Show, Gulu-Gulu Cafe, Lynn, MA, January–May, 2006.
- Art for Animals, Foodie’s Feast, Marblehead, MA, August 7–November 6, 2005 (Half of the proceeds from this show ($1,100) donated to the Marblehead Animal Shelter)
- Solo Exhibition, Madam Had’em, Marblehead, MA, January–April, 2005
- Solo Exhibition, Stetson Gallery, Unitarian Universalist Church, Marblehead, MA, November 2004
- Solo Exhibition, Starbucks Coffee, Marblehead, MA, October 2004